Sacred Decisions are choices that hold such significance that you take a powerful pause, explore deeply what matters to you, calm any anxiety that arises, make your choice, and take clear and confident action that is congruent with Who You Are and What You Hold Dear.
- Treating a decision as sacred expands our awareness to include what and who are precious to us.
- Sacred decisions evoke mindfulness, prayerfulness, and respect for the people, ecosystem, and we-spaces that will be touched by our decision… while keeping the freedom to make the choice that is right for us individually.
- Sacred decisions can embrace uncertainty while avoiding the “analysis paralysis” that head-only decision-making can evoke.
What makes a decision a Sacred Decision? That’s up to you!
Just because society thinks a decision is a big deal doesn’t mean it holds a lot of significance for you. And just because your friend (or mom) says something is not a big deal doesn’t mean that it isn’t big for you.
Sacred decision-making is when we choose to accept that we’re at a place where we need the depth of clarity that allows us to take action and hold healthy boundaries with others who might want/demand we do what they insist would be best for us.
Sacred Decisions call us to be congruent. What does that mean?
Congruence starts with knowing what matters to us. We tune in and listen deeply to our heart, our gut, our head, and our whole being from top to bottom. We open to our spiritual guidance alongside our earthly needs, desires, and limits.
As we start listing possible choices, we feel into how a choice meshes with what matters to us. If safety and respect are crucial for our thriving, how does each choice feel as supporting us in those ways?
If we need freedom in order to thrive, does a choice enhance the feeling of freedom in our body as we try it on?
Congruence when embodied supports a sacred decision with a knowing that we’ve considered the possibilities and selected what feels intimately right, right now.
- What do I hold dear here?
- What guidance am I getting from my head, my heart, my gut, my groin, my spirit?
- How do my possible choices each support what and who matters most to me here?
Body Guidance, Choice, Clarity, Devotion, Discernment, Healthy Boundaries, Lifestyle Design, Powerful Pause, Safety + Respect + Freedom, Uncertainty, We-Space
We invite you to share your experiences and wisdom:
- Life examples where this concept has played a role
- Other useful questions
- Links to audios, videos, books, and courses that add to our shared understanding of this concept
- Memes, quotes, and inspiring images