Art with friends šŸŽØ

Lovely Jean, and reminds me of Archangel Raziel :rainbow:

1 Like

Hereā€™s something I just finished. Itā€™s the first one along the lines of what Iā€™d like to start sharing on instagram. I like that it just presented itself and by hardly caring. Interesting given the word that remained there. I guess thereā€™s caring by holding lightly and theres caring that strangles :crazy_face:
Iā€™ve had ideas before starting which I havenā€™t been able to manifest yet but this one just came about by messing around. Yay for what wants to come to the surface! :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Beautiful palette with the words ā€œcareā€ in the light tints and ā€œin the chaosā€ in the darker tones feels just right; your composition worksā€¦the vertical and horizontal blocks of rectangular-ish shapes lead the eye around the whole piece. I beg to differ that you hardly cared while it presented itself. I believe that you cared deeply by allowing yourself a light hold, curiosity and the courage to explore when you didnā€™t know where you were being led. To me, the white flower shapes are too representational in a piece that is non-representational. That being said, I like the idea of something white in that area that extends vertically into the blueā€¦maybe some caligraphic marks that would relate back to the actual words. Well done, Kate! I think you have an idea for a series and hope you keep going and see where it takes you! :heart::art:

2 Likes

Thank you Norene. What lovely words.

I agree about some more marks where you suggested. I see it now youā€™ve mentioned it. & yes I thought the leaf/flowers represented what might grow from care in chaos and like the idea now of that section being more connected to the rest.

Iā€™m not crazy about the colour palette but itā€™s what emerged. The darker shade is a clay paint, so earthy, literally of the earth.

Iā€™m not sure if I do have an idea for a series but Iā€™ll see what bubbles up. What did you have in mind when you said that?

Anyway, gosh I so appreciate and value what youā€™ve said. Thanks again Norene!

2 Likes

I think the idea of a leaf/flower growing from chaos is greatā€¦just make it more abstract!
When I mention working in a series (10-15 pieces that move you forward, despite any discomfort), I mean your next painting will have different colors since youā€™re not crazy about the ones you used, but still using ā€œcaringā€ and ā€œchaosā€ and colors/shapes/marks that evoke those emotions and how caring might very well calm the chaos; or how chaos can be completely overwhelmingā€¦
Youā€™re very welcome and once again, I think youā€™re on to something!! :heart::art:

2 Likes

Thank you Kate. Iā€™m curious how this makes you think of Archangel Raziel.

1 Like

I like how your chaos just appeared as you were messing around. I can certainly see the chaos and the flower gives hope.

I am sort of working on a series of faces, which is what Norene meant by series. I had to ask her what she meant by series and she explained and told me I already had a start.

2 Likes

Hi Jean, itā€™s the rainbow colours. As in Raphael is represented by green and Ariel is light pink, Iā€™ve heard Radleigh say Raziel presents with rainbow colours. & sometimes presents as a ball of living energy all moving of weaving in and out within itself. So your pictures reminded me of that :rainbow:

1 Like

Thanks Kate. I remember Radleigh talking about these colors. Iā€™ve been trying to memorize what each of those angels represent and I keep forgetting but thatā€™s ok too. I have been thinking of playing in Midjourney an angel representing each of those colors Rad talks about. Iā€™m excited about this because of how beautiful these angels turned out. That will also help to remember their special talents.

2 Likes

5 Likes

Work in progress! Iā€™m donā€™t know where Iā€™m going with this piece; I know it needs to go somewhere!!
It was great having Nila join us today! :heart::art:

3 Likes

Some of these circles are wonky just like the circles in our life.

4 Likes

This is beautiful, Kate.

2 Likes

For my fellow creators! :heart: :art:

3 Likes

The top picture inspired the bottom picture I sketched today.

7 Likes

Still donā€™t quite know where this piece is going!! Itā€™s gone somewhere though and yet it doesnā€™t feel done to me. Does it to you?? Iā€™d love to hear your thoughts :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Mahalo :hibiscus::heart::art:

7 Likes

Iā€™m not sure what ā€œdoneā€ means to you. I sense it is a feeling. I can see it might be finished. But it has to feel finished for you. Maybe leave it for a bit, create something else, come back to it later and see how it feels o you.

2 Likes

Yes, it definitely a feeling as to whether a piece is finished or not. Thank you for the suggestion to leave it for a bit! Coming back to it with ā€œnew eyesā€ has always helped me!

2 Likes

I showed my drawing to my son last night and said maybe someday Iā€™d learn to draw a perfect circle. He said why? I said Hmm, ok then. Why? He typed, Everything is not perfectly round.
I replied, thank you for pointing that out. Now I like my sketch better.
He has art talent and heā€™s really good. Heā€™s using it for work drawing up window sizes and coverings at work.

3 Likes

What a good reminder your son gave you!

1 Like