Art with friends 🎨

Our first art get together was so much fun! All the more so because there were no expectations to create a masterpiece! I drew a card from my “creative prompts” deck, it said: What are you censoring right now? Paint that. (We changed censoring to suppressing!) And off we went…we drew, scribbled, painted, collaged, talked, tapped and shared FUN togetherness! Before we knew it an hour and a half had gone by!! Here is my offering.

7 Likes

Oh Norene our Art get together was so much fun indeed! Thank you for suggesting it and planning it. I’m so looking forward to our next one. Here’s my doodling or whatever we called it.

4 Likes

Yayyyy!! I love the repetition of the triangle and arrow shapes and your use of numbers and circles/dots. Until next time…:art:

3 Likes

Wow this sounds amazing! Love the idea of the creativity deck and painting what you’re surpression art and tapping :slight_smile:
Is this group available to all? I’m in U.K. so I don’t know if the timings would work. Great idea though. Love therapeutic art. :heartbeat:

4 Likes

Hi Barbs ~ We are meeting again on February 21st; 7:00 pm, your time. I sent you a private message to get your phone number so I can add you to our Face Time call. I hope you received it!

2 Likes

Love this!! Thanks for sharing!!

2 Likes

Stay tuned! More to come! :heart::art:

2 Likes

Norene I loved how you showed us what sketching/drawing emotions looked like. Looks like you had a lot of emotions in your sketching. As I write this I can see some emotions that would be fun to create on paper. Thank you.

3 Likes

This type of engagement is exactly what I hoped would happen within our community… thank you! I smile…

5 Likes

Thank YOU, Rick for providing the space where we can safely share our creations without judgement! It’s so freeing! :heart::art:

4 Likes

The Sharing What You Love session was awesome… thank you and the others who participated. Sweet energy boost for sure!

4 Likes

Our Art with Friends group of 3 met again today! Another couple of hours of chatting, sharing, drawing, and just letting go and having FUN! The piece I am sharing is a work in progress…I don’t really know where it is going, but that’s the FUN part!

5 Likes

Norene, again our Art with Friends was so much fun yesterday. Thank you for your suggestions with Procreate. I had fun being whimsical. It was total play for me and here is what I created:

I love that you don’t know where your creation is going, yes that is the fun part.

4 Likes

I still don’t know where this is going but I’m on the path, exploring and staying curious!

4 Likes

Still doesn’t feel done but it’s definitely going somewhere!!

3 Likes

It’s wonderful Norene! Thanks for sharing.
Looks like above ground, underground.

So what’s the group, I thought I’d missed a one off thing before but you’re meeting regularly? Is there room for me sometimes?

Not sure what time you’re meeting which would be another layer but in Oz I can usually do NY usa evenings which are my mornings.

I’m just starting to learn mixed media art. Just mostly been getting the hang of paint and brushes and playing mixing colour so far.

4 Likes

Hi Kate ~ Thank you for your interest in our little group! You would be very welcome to join us to explore your mixed media art while getting the hang of the properties of different paints, brushes and what the paints do when mixed together. We have been meeting over FaceTime on Tuesday at 2:00 pm New York time which if I calculate correctly would be Wednesday at 9:00 am in Australia. I will send you a private message so you can give me your phone number and I can add you to next week’s gathering. Looking forward to painting, drawing, scribbling, collaging and having FUN…oh, and there’s a wee bit of chatting too! :heart::art:

3 Likes

Good Golly it’s Miss Molly

5 Likes

Lookin’ fiiiiine, Miss Molly! I love the child-like/naif simplicity and expressiveness that emerges through your creations! :heart::art::woman_artist:t2:

2 Likes

Thank you Norene, I like to draw like this but some part of me is saying, “ok now get serious and learn to draw/paint like an adult.” That part was so loud earlier that I almost felt it was too childish to even show anyone. Interesting what the Primitive Brain does to us isn’t it. I’m having fun and that’s all that really counts. I’m so glad you suggested getting together like this because it got me having fun. Like now I’m going to see what I can create today. :thinking: :heart:

4 Likes