Art with friends šŸŽØ

Our Primitive Brain and Inner Critic can sure be pains in the you-know-where!! My response is, yes get serious about drawing/painting as your authentic self (playful, whimsical, colorful etc.) And, what does an ā€œadultā€ draw/paint like anyway?? Stay true to yourSelf and the adult that you have become and you and your art will continue to evolve. I am so looking forward to seeing where this journey takes you! :heart::art:

4 Likes

Yes what does an ā€œadultā€ draw/paint like anyway?? Good question. Mine is playful, whimsical for sure. I was watching a video on how to draw a face proportionally and it didnā€™t do anything for me. I was bored. :joy: Iā€™m going to just draw silly stuff for a while. :partying_face: :dotted_line_face: :joy_cat: :heart:

4 Likes

I just learned that being silly and having a light hearted attitude helps us to cope with stress, and be able to laugh at ourselves and break our habits of taking ourselves too seriously. Carry on with your wonderful silly stuff! :heart::art:

3 Likes

Iā€™m calling it doneā€‹:bangbang: Of course, now that I say that I see several areas that I want to tweak ā€¦ Iā€™ll let it rest for now, though. :woman_artist::art::heart:

4 Likes

Very lovely Norene :exclamation:I see many things in this painting.

2 Likes

I would love to hear about what you see, if you are open to that,

2 Likes

Norene, I see a lot of very pretty pieces of fabric. I also see some cool neckties and fabric to make bows with. There is a sleeping black cat in the top part of the painting and another black smaller one on the right side. I even sense some stockings in with all that. Like pretty compression stockings.
What do you see?

2 Likes

Now that you mention it, I do see fabric and necktie shapes quilted together! I see patterns in mostly earth colors to convey a sense of being grounded; kind of like the roots of a tree. :art:

2 Likes

One of my favorite artists, Richard Diebenkorn wrote these notes a beginning a painting. Food for thought ā€¦

2 Likes

Also I see material taken from favorite outfits from different members of a large family sewn together for nostalgia.

2 Likes

You just reminded me that I actually did take material scraps (I used to sew!) from clothes I sewed for myself and my daughter as well scraps from doll clothes that my grandmother made for my Mom and made them into a Lincoln Log patterned quilt! Wonderful memories!

3 Likes

Oh what fun! Thanks to Rickā€™s email with summary of discussions, (pointing out what I might have missed) I landed on this thread Art with Friends. Love Love that you are actually getting together. Two on Tuesdays doesnā€™t work for me right now . . . my Tuesday schedule will free up mid June . . . but Iā€™m going to dive in with you in spirit and parallel play time. I finally have wifi here at the farm so Iā€™m not constrained by limited data and having to parcel out gigs. So Iā€™ll dial in here, too.

4 Likes

I see spring roots pushing upward with audacity and fearless color.

3 Likes

a1111a1bd11f29a888053b3e7618796f27d528e5ecd69f10b2b69414c3585d75.0
I love these!! Thanks for sharing!

5 Likes

Join us, Dru!!

2 Likes

Another fun sessionā€¦this is definitely a work in progress and an attempt at what is not certainā€¦as I have no idea where Iā€™m goingā€¦though Iā€™m liking the colors and shapes. :art::woman_artist::heart:

3 Likes

Love that you will be with us in spirit, Paula!

2 Likes

Cool textures, Norene
Hereā€™s my parallel play board.

3 Likes

:paintbrush: :framed_picture: :paintbrush:I love your parallel play board Paula. Iā€™m looking forward to when you can join us live. :art:

1 Like

The top one I drew while we were live but I didnā€™t like it. I tried putting her in procreate to fix what I didnā€™t like. It didnā€™t work, so I decided to start over and create another picture more to my liking. So I want to introduce you to the Paint Lady, bottom picture. She loves getting all gussied up. Her dermatologist told her that all the paint she was putting on her face wasnā€™t good for her skin. So together they created a good-for-you set of colors that made the skin glow healthy. They are selling it all over the world and are now quite rich.
Stay tuned there are more ladies on the way. :hugs:

4 Likes