Art with friends 🎨

Thank you for posting your board!! Your colors are so rich with great texture. I love the contrast of your large square/rectangular shapes with the small white circles; differences make the difference! Also love how your line work moves the eye around the piece!!

3 Likes

I’m glad you posted both pictures! It’s good to see the evolution of Paint Lady! She is truly bejeweled!

3 Likes

Thanx Jean. I have class this semester on Tuesdays until the end of May. Then a Qigong weekend retreat in Boone, NC first weekend in June. Then I’ll be able to play live.

3 Likes

Ladies on the Way!! Staying tuned for these colorful creations.
And Norene, I’m looking at my play board through your eyes/comments. Love Differences make the difference.

3 Likes

:smiling_face:

6 Likes

I like this gibbysan. Reminds me of a lot of sailboats all having a party.

2 Likes

I’m so glad you posted!! What came to mind when first seeing your piece was WOW the energy of your black and blue shard-like triangles is very strong and sharp with the rolling pencil lines underneath adding to the palpable motion. The sun symbol in contrast to the other parts of your drawing speaks to me of a calming energy that is coming. Well done, gibbysan! :art::heart:

4 Likes

5 Likes

gibbysan ~ And the crinkles in the paper add texture, mystery and depth.

5 Likes

Here’s a couple of my first rainbows. I don’t think they’re finished yet. Am still to watch the video I mentioned so will see if these or others come along after that.

Thank you Norene and all for this place to share. It’s a shame about the time difference with the group art meetings especially now daylight savings makes it even less possible. Never mind. Ill look forward to seeing wht you’ve been up to on here. :slightly_smiling_face::sparkles:

I am interested Norene in what you demonstrated or said about expressing emotions with painting. Is there anything you could say on here about that? to give me a clue.

Also in your previous painting I see a cityscape above ground and then represented what’s below, below the surface.

5 Likes

Love this! :heartpulse:

1 Like

I was encouraged to paint in a series (10-15 pieces) and I think your choice of a rainbow is ripe with possibilities! Keep going…adding, subtracting to see where it takes you.
Hmmm…painting my emotions for me is not necessarily painting what something looks like, rather what it feels like. For example, the piece I uploaded is about Chaos. I don’t know what chaos looks like but by choosing the colors, brush strokes and shapes I did, it felt like chaos to me. I hope that helps!

4 Likes

That sounds fantastic Norene, a whole series of rainbows :rainbow: :rainbow::rainbow:

I’m doing something like that at the moment but just because I’m finding it’s a nice way to learn more about colour and brushwork and actually just sit down and do something without the block I seem to have of learning via a tutorial.

Thanks for your encouragement! & for that information about your chaos piece. I love that.

2 Likes

After my morning Qigong practice I went right to my easel and let my body express the energy I had just engaged.

5 Likes

Kate, these rainbows speak to me on many levels/layers. They feel like invitations into another realm. A realm where I’d love to hang out.

4 Likes

Wow. Thanks for sharing, Paula. I love that idea and the joyful result :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thanks Paula! :slightly_smiling_face: That’s a nice story I can attach to them too.

1 Like

Circles and the Circle of Life have been floating around in my mind lately! This is what I created during our Art with friends session today. These gatherings have been so wonderful! I can’t express how much I appreciate creating, chatting, tapping together! :heart::art::woman_artist::woman_artist:t2::woman_artist::art::heart:

4 Likes

This so cool Paula. I can just see her spinning herself in delightful circles.

1 Like

I love the circles of life Norene.
I so enjoy our creating, chattting and tapping together.

Here is my creation. FALL IN SMILE TOWN.

2 Likes