Art with friends šŸŽØ

I fed your image, Jean, into Midjourney as a ā€œinfluenceā€ with adding layered paper, detailed, vibrant and hereā€™s what it came up with for meā€¦

Then I did one for me as layered paper, owl in appalachain mountain tree, moonlight

ā€¦the owl looks as crazy-eyed as I feel tonight!

And hereā€™s one I saw online that got me playing with layered paper effect ā€“ didnā€™t get close to this detail myself yet!

4 Likes

Wow, these are wonderful, Rick!! I especially like the Owl! Seems like youā€™re having so much fun!

2 Likes

*googles Midjourney. Wow text to image AI! Iā€™m just discovering ai interfaces and itā€™s all so amazing.

Bedtime now for me but Iā€™m glad to have something to play with tomorrow.

I love those pictures too by the way. Lovely!

3 Likes

Those are magnificent Rick and they certainly set my Primitive Brain screaming to let AI take over creating (tap tap).

3 Likes

They are very different, handcrafted or co-created with other tools. If your primitive brain is screaming, tell it that weā€™re not interested in competing, weā€™re exploring!

3 Likes

It was a long day yesterday. So I sat at my keyboard and played some improvised notes. It wasnā€™t a symphony. It was vibrationally pleasing, calming, different.

Then I sat at my other keyboard and typed some words into midjourney, wanting an owl and moon and something unique. In the randomness I chose, I had it make variations, and when I found something sufficiently pleasing to my soul, I shared it.

A friend online said instead of AI meaning artificial intelligence, consider it:

Augmented Imagination

I love that. Because my imagination is augmented by having a co-creative tool that can take words flowing form me and explore the visual space.

@Angelsloveyou ā€“ I took your same handcrafted image and fed it into ChatGPT and asked it to write a funny poem using it as inspiration! Hereā€™s what it wrote:

There once was a tree with a smile,
It beamed so wide for quite a while,
Its bark was quite unique,
It made passersby peek,
And wonder if it had a secret file.

Perhaps the tree had a funny bone,
And liked to giggle on its own,
Or maybe it was just happy,
To be a tree that wasnā€™t sappy,
And wanted to show off its happy tone.

But whatever the reason may be,
The smile on the tree was a sight to see,
It made people grin and chuckle,
And forget their daily struggles,
For a moment, they felt carefree.

So letā€™s all take a leaf out of its book,
And wear a smile with a similar look,
For if a tree can do it too,
Then why canā€™t me and you,
And spread some joy like the happy tree did took!

4 Likes

I did and my PB told me to shut up that your ā€œartā€ sucks. :scream: Then I tapped some more and it finally acknowledged that ā€œok at least your a bit whimsical as your co-creators have been telling you.ā€ That felt better. This so reminds me of when I was a child and I was told to stop singing so loud because I couldnā€™t carry a tune. I know we arenā€™t competing but there is a part of me (and I suspect a lot of us) that wishes we could be better artists. This would be a good tapping subject for the circle.

2 Likes

I love the poem. I love my happy tree too :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

4 Likes

This is what showed up during Art with Friends this morningā€¦itā€™s still a work in process.

4 Likes

I so love this bird Norene :heart: I canā€™t imagine what else you will add to it and Iā€™m looking forward to seeing what else you will give your bird. You are teaching me new ways of looking at art too and Iā€™m so enjoying our get-togethers. :hugs:

2 Likes

My work in progress from our Art with Friends.

4 Likes

What an explosion of color, images, designs and creativity. Are you meeting next Tuesday? My class isnā€™t meeting next week, and Iā€™d love to join in the fun and exploration with you all. How do I connect?

2 Likes

Yes, Paula we are meeting next Tuesday at 3:00 pm, Eastern time. I will send a private message to you and if you give me your phone number, I will be happy to add you to our group Face Time.

1 Like

Your choice of colors is great as is the composition; your shapes within shapes results in an aerial view! Kind of like a pyramid on Earth seen from space! I look forward to where you go with this piece, too!

1 Like

Love this Norene! Have you used collage paper?

2 Likes

Thank you, Kate! Yes, the black and white patterned papers are pieces from the inside of ā€œsecurity envelopesā€ and the red paper with the circles cut out is a brown grocery bag that I used to clean the paint off of my brayer after making mono-prints with my Gelli plate. I LOVE collage and will use just about anything!! :heart::art:

2 Likes

Thanks Paula and oh what fun it will be to have you join us !!!

1 Like

Thank you Norene, I was just letting my fingers move. I had no idea what I was doing. Just expressing I guess.

3 Likes

I love collage too Norene! : )
I see that now re the inside of the envelope, nice one it looks really good.

*Googles Gelli plate. That looks like a fun process. I thought it might be like scratch foam which Iā€™ve used via a tutorial but itā€™s different. I might look more into it down the line.

Its so nice to be connecting like this (with you all) :slightly_smiling_face::heartpulse:

2 Likes