Art with friends 🎨

Here’s some of my adventures using scratch foam a few months ago. It’s an easy kind of printing. the tutorial showed a bird outline print and then painting in loads of colours and patterns, different on each one.

I started on a couple of these to paint in but need to learn how. Hence then learning how to paint faces. Which I’ve stalled on. But we’ll get there.

Anyway, she’s a Harmony Angel :fairy:t2: & she’s offering you a hug :hugs: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Maybe I’ll do a bird or some easy animal next so I can just have fun painting in in all different ways.

Do you have any Gelli prints to share Norene?

5 Likes

I love this Jean, and how you say you were letting your fingers move, expressing.
Art Freedom! :slightly_smiling_face::sparkles:

2 Likes

I’ll accept a hug from your Harmony Angel Kate, thank you :hugs: What is scratch foam? It looks intriguing!
I’m still playing with drawing faces. If they don’t look “right” I turn them into silly ones. :joy:
What fun we’re having aren’t we :heart:

2 Likes

Thank you :hugs: I love how all this art with friends is giving me so many new ideas.

2 Likes

It’s also called printing foam. It’s a bit like the foam frozen pizzas come on sometimes, or foam meat trays. You scratch an indent into it with a blunt pencil for example, then put paint over the surface and the indented part that you drew doesn’t show up when you press the foam over a piece of paper. It is fun!

2 Likes

This is a piece I created using my Gelli Plate after Nemo (my retired guide dog) passed.

5 Likes

That’s amazing Norene, and a beautiful tribute :heart:

2 Likes

Sorry my connection quit during Art with Friends. Got a message from my carrier that they were upgrading service in the area and to expect interruptions. I soooo enjoyed getting to know you, what you do during this time, etc. Little sketch: Bloom With Friends

6 Likes

We figured something was going on with your connection; hopefully it will be smooth sailing after the update. Lovely little sketch, Paula! Thank you for sharing it with us!

1 Like

I like your vase and flowers Paula. It was fun having you with us. Come back again when you can :hugs:

Here’s my happy fun piece.

6 Likes

This is a work in progress from our last gathering. I started with my shadow and mostly dark colors which at the moment represent a feeling of lightlessness because I don’t feel understood by my family…I trust my process and am curious to see where it goes.

5 Likes

Brings a smile to my soul, Jean.

1 Like

Such rich textures, Norene. Hand-painted collage papers?

1 Like

Thank you Paula. It’s fun to play and smile. There are angels on there too :slight_smile:

I love all the textures Norene. And the colors :exclamation:

1 Like

5 Likes

Heartfelt and beautiful!! :purple_heart::blue_heart::heart:

1 Like

I so love this picture. Loving and peaceful. Thanks for sharing :hugs:

1 Like

My picture is my first drawing my feelings. My Primitive brain was activated when I heard someone talk about how people take advantage of our kindness and use us. Tap tap Even though they do this …

4 Likes

Shadow Self Portrait with Birds

5 Likes