Art with friends 🎨

Kate ~ Have FUN with Zentangles; I have found that I am so calm when I’m “tangling!” And, you know, I’m just now realizing any and all art is good for the brain! (And, for me, my well being!)
I bought a video workshop that reminds me of the “neurographic art” you speak of…it’s about painting what you can’t see (emotions, sounds, etc.) Anyway, if you are open to it, I would be happy to describe some of the exercises or even figure out how I might share the actual videos. :heart::art:

2 Likes

That sounds amazing Norene, I’m happy to hear all about the processes :slightly_smiling_face::high_brightness:

2 Likes

This is my first go at a type of neurographic art. I watched a quick video by Andrea Nelson and then did it from memory a little while later. I’d like to do more of this pic.

I’m looking into free form neurographic art too. Initially developed by a psychologist, Pavel Piskarev.

Theres a process for removing limitations apparently so am interested in that.

4 Likes

Well done, Kate! Love the colors, the black out-lining, the straight lines in contrast to the curvy lines and the movement. I encourage you to move forward, most definitely!

3 Likes

Thanks Norene!

I love your analysis, I hadn’t clocked the wavy and straight line contrast. But do love a black outline so am pleased to have found an easy way to so that.

Thanks for your encouragement! I’m looking forward to seeing more of your work and hearing about painting what we cant see x

2 Likes

Kate this is beautiful!!! I want to learn more about it. What did you use to create this? :heart:

2 Likes

Thanks Jean, it’s great isn’t it and easy too. These pics show Andrea’s Instagram account if you want to watch the video on how to do this one. I’ve circled 2 others where she does a version of neurographic art as well.

Looking forward to seeing how yours turn out :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thank you Kate! I checked it out and love her art. Here is what I did during our art group yesterday… It was such fun.

2 Likes

Painting what you can’t see. The top picture is how I feel when I’m depressed. The bottom one is how I feel when chaos surrounds me.

3 Likes

I like how you express your feelings the way you do with all those colors and shapes.

3 Likes

Beautiful Jean! It is fun isn’t it, so glad you enjoyed that one too :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thank you Kate. I saw some other paintings of hers that I’d like to try and maybe even do this one again but a little different. :smile:

1 Like

Fantastic, and I especially like the blue one Norene. Interesting that there’s beautiful light in the darkness.

How did you do the process, is it explainable? As in did you wait until you were in a feeling state and then just do whatever?

1 Like

Me too Jean. I did that one again with different colours and have started on another one now just with golden circles to colour in.

1 Like

Today, I continued a piece I’m giving to my friend, Shannon when I visit her in Canada! Very definitely a WIP…now that I posted I see several things that need attention!

2 Likes

Love what you’re creating with this Norene. I’m looking forward to each step you do with your turtle picture :heart:

Here’s my psychedelic cat. Thanks for your suggestions and input. It was fun.

4 Likes

Love the colors you chose! And, you captured a very cat-like expression. I can’t wait to see your next one! :heart::art::heart_eyes_cat:

2 Likes

Art with mySelf today as I had my IVIG infusion. I created this using Procreate and a photo I took when on Safari in Africa. :heart::art:

4 Likes

That is so pretty Norene :heart: I hope soon to be creating on procreate too.

I have been hesitating posting my picture I messed with at our art gathering yesterday. I started out with another picture in mind but it wasn’t working, so I played around a bit and nothing was speaking to me. I almost gave up, then I started laughing and said I have to do it. So I made this strange picture and actually had fun with it.

The Dingleberry couple in love

4 Likes

It was fun watching your piece evolve from something you did not like at first. You continued to play/mess around with it, making us both laugh and ended up with the quirky Dingleberry couple! Good job!! :heart::art: It’s Saturday morning and I just realized I never posted this!!

1 Like