Midjourney - AI Art

What they show at this link changes… and I am intrigued by the possibility of generating images someday from the prompts for workshops and tapping rounds and seeing what rises from AI-processed artform prompts.

AI Prompted with: trail cam photo of fox wearing red-white-sequined-Christmas-sweater

AI Prompted with: Pixar style, a cute snow cat with a wool scarf and christmas colurful fairy lights,

AI Prompted with: mechanical heart, rich in detail, steampunk aesthetic, copper, glass, sequins, steel

5 Likes

Decided to get my own account for $10/month on midjourney.com. It’s geeky hard in some ways since it requires Discord to also work. Still… I mean, look at this otter! He’s got the Perfect Size cuppa coffee!

norman rockwell style, otter, smiling, drinking coffee, sitting at table by window, sunrise --test --creative

And his cousin…

6 Likes

That’s so cool and creative. Fascinating stuff here. I wonder how it works. Do you type something in to tell it what to create? Is it random? I signed up for one Ai but it only makes faces or super heroes. I haven’t tried it yet. Can you create any more pictures?

1 Like

Want to give me a prompt and I’ll see what it comes up with?

There’s randomness, for sure, like an improv where it grabs different raw material and “riffs” on it. You can specify a style, like “classical” or “cartoon” or “Rembrandt” or mystical, etc. And then it gives 4 options and you can do variations on one of those or let it evolve the one you find most interesting.

4 Likes

My mystical journey with the angels has been rewarding.

2 Likes

First images:

I upscaled #2

Then had it make even more variations on it, just to show how it adapts:

Fun! Rewarding even!

4 Likes

Oh Rick I love, love, LOVE these angels. What fun and yes I would think very rewarding. May I copy and use these?

2 Likes

Yes! they are yours to use how you want…

2 Likes

Thank you :hugs: :hugs:

More for you, Jean…

/imagine prompt:angels laughing and telling each other funny stories, mystical, glorious, blessings

And here are heavenly angels blessing a baby otter (or at least what the AI thinks that is!)

2 Likes

These are totally awesome Rick, thank you. I love the laughing angels and the angels blessing the otters. What fun :heart:

2 Likes

I had no idea things like this existed. I did briefly see the end of a Dutch film last night which involved a woman taking part in an experiment with an Ai partner who was matched to her and designed to learn from her. It was pretty interesting to see and to explore the complexities, benefits and implications

3 Likes

black bear in woods making a very very messy cake batter without a bowl on a rock, photorealistic, appalachain mountains, --ar 3:2

Goes with the otter version from the newsletter…

4 Likes

Freedom!

5 Likes

Reaching for freedom came to mind! I love the bird and the little bits of red in this piece!

3 Likes

Synthography (n.) the new artform of creating & editing images synthetically (aka “AI art”)

https://twitter.com/icreatelife/status/1639262417493405696

2 Likes

EYE love it​:bangbang::art:

1 Like

Layered Paper otter…

2 Likes

Smiley Face Tree

3 Likes

Powerful article by a Creator. Vision and perspectives on these new tools and how they might evolve to support our imagination.

For example, Augmented Imagination last night helped me – a non-painter (meaning it isn’t my preferred medium) – to express my feelings about a bug in the software I was using that cost me two hours:

As soon as I saw this, I felt… expressed.

An hour later preparing for bed, I asked for an image of night, stars, moon, campfire, and my beloved mountains nearby:

I meditated to this unique co-creation… and then went happily to bed.

Here I’m choosing to share these because, well, I like sharing and I also like the notion that just like a hand crafted drawing with happy faces can inspire and evoke me, we’ve got choices now that are evolving rapidly to enhance our imagination and ability to share. It’s… extraordinary.

4 Likes