Haters Gonna Hate

Get journal

I’d like not to Carrot at all…

I read a really uplifting, hopeful tweet about bringing more freedom to many millions – even billions – of people around the globe.

Then I made the mistake of scrolling down and seeing the comments. One comment was from someone who so fits the description: Hater.

He dismissed the possibility. He asserted with arrogance that HE knew that all this would be worthless 10 years from now. Blah blah puke blah blah.

I mentioned in another topic that I am seeking to learn from someone the “smile, nod, and let it go” approach to such ignorance and hate.

Truth is that in all the things I’ve worked on my in life that have ended up making a positive difference for humanity – online communications, word processing, alternative health information, emotional freedom, massage and bodywork, and more…

There have always (!) been haters. People who dismiss, roll their eyes in contempt, curl their nose in disgust, and fan out their ignorance like peacock feathers made of cow flops.

Can you tell I have a hard time with haters?

That said, truth is that I tend to choose and be attracted to work that matters, that can make a difference, that improves the we-spaces of our communities. I’m not sure why the haters exist – I’m just (as I write this) wondering whether they are actually a sign I’m onto something.

I mean, if it is an awesome idea, “shouldn’t there be haters”? Isn’t that the way it works at this point in our evolution?

You tell 'em, Mr. Rogers!

5 Likes

It’s kind of the corollary to ‘no good deed goes unpunished’. For every good idea there’s an army of haters waiting in the wings. I think we probably see it more now because social media is the ‘all you can eat buffet for haters’.

I got the idea years ago from something I read to view certain types of behaviours as entertainment. “Oh!! You’ve decided to entertain me!! Thank you!! That’s very kind of you!” Of course, that doesn’t work across all contexts…some behaviours need to be called out and addressed…they aren’t easily viewed as entertaining, they are hurtful and harmful. But that still leaves a lot left over for our entertainment purposes. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

419e625139cb25a9addf1a47ab6a0d01b3ecb0728000cd1dcdeab6679e9101af.0

2 Likes

4 Likes

4 Likes

2 Likes

Yeah! SHAKE it off. SHAKE it off. I realize I don’t bring any physical movement to it after I read the hate, and that might seriously help!

(I really like memes)

4 Likes

Work it!!..to quote a friend… :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Haha! @RickThrivingNow it’s directly from Taylor Swift lyrics of “Shake it off!” xD it was sooo popular back in my high school days! Though I’d say I have a lot more to say to letting it go, it’s just complicated and really hard to do so! x(

4 Likes
2 Likes

Woof! Shakin’ it off! (Perfect ending… :laughing: )

1 Like