What's most painful thing you've been told?

4 Likes

I figured, why not I share mine too. Mine would probably be when I was actually feeling suicidal over my parentā€™s decision to divorce each other. And then I told my mum that I just canā€™t cope with all these mess that theyā€™re in. And then she starts scolding me and telling me why I canā€™t be as strong as she is in coping with all the these issues.

7 Likes

I appreciate you sharing your painful moment Jun Rongā€¦thatā€™s not an easy situation to be in.

I donā€™t know about ā€˜the mostā€™ painful for meā€¦if I thought about it Iā€™d have a very long listā€¦lol.

I often lament that my memory is very poorā€¦I just donā€™t remember a lot of events in my life and in some regards that makes me very sad. In particular there are lots of things my children will bring up and I just donā€™t remember them.
However, years ago I realized that there is an upside to a poor memory. For one thing itā€™s hard for me to hold grudges toward people. You need to have a good memory to hold onto all those times youā€™ve felt hurt or slighted by people. The same applies to other negative eventsā€¦I very often just donā€™t remember them unless Iā€™m reminded by someoneā€¦lol.

6 Likes

Hmmmā€¦I think I was about 16 when I was told by a guy that I really liked that I would make a great mother but not a girlfriend. I guess that was my first back-handed compliment too?!?!

7 Likes

Youā€™ve never understood me.

Try for years to understand someone, and then on their exit they assert you donā€™t understand, and never have.

I guess true and painful.

Not sure MOST painful. Like Glenn I am grateful to have a ā€œselectiveā€ memory.

Being with you is just TOO GOOD. I cannot bear to go back to rest of my life after spending time with you. I canā€™t see you anymore.

Back-handed compliment, and heart-breaking.

7 Likes

From one of my brotherā€™s friends when I was 14:

Youā€™re so fucking ugly I donā€™t know how you can stand looking in the mirror every morning.

I think it was made even worse that my brother and his other friend there said absolutely nothing in my defense.

6 Likes

I cried and tapped through the whole video. So many hurtful messages came up. Iā€™m not even sure which was the worst. Maybe when my mother told me that she spent so much money on my surgeries that she couldnā€™t afford to have another baby. Or when my mother told me she loved my brother more than me. I pretty much healed these but there are more layers.

You are all so brave for sharing your hurts. :heart:

6 Likes

Wowā€¦ deeply appreciative of everyoneā€™s sharing of their painful moments. I guess reading and knowing about everyoneā€™s hurt gave me the space and knowledge of such a commonality in experience. In that, it is all too relatable, and strangely, ā€œunifyingā€ (Iā€™d say). Love to everyone for their bravery and their vulnerability! (I would like to say that I too, hold space and safety for these matters! :ā€™) )

6 Likes

I appreciate that you shared the video. You find good topics and videos :hugs:

5 Likes

Comment from an anonymous troll on a video interview I did in the media as an openly trans person.

ā€˜Sorry, Pinocchio. We all know you are not a real boy.ā€™

:broken_heart:

Comment said online to my close trans friend who was a plaintiff in a trans discrimination case. I know its her worst.

ā€˜Wouldnā€™t suicide have been cheaper?ā€™

6 Likes

ā€œā€¦but names will never hurt meā€¦ā€

Eeek! I so hate that old statement. Names hurt me a lot more than sticks or stones ever didā€¦

5 Likes

I too have many that I can list. I guess one that comes forefront in my mind at this moment is my mum looking me in the eye and saying ā€˜I hate youā€™ because I went against her decree and risked her threats.

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing Jun. Iā€™ve experienced the exact same from my mum, on more than one occasion, in very similar situations.

2 Likes