The sad turning point for tube amps

I’ve only gotten to appreciate the beauty of tube amps, and the next moment, I was hit with the cold hard news that tube amps are going to be more scarce due to the ban on russian imports and tariffs due to the war.
The war is terrible enough, but this hits harder as a guitarist. As events of the tube running short continue to unfold, it is perhaps only a matter of time that the tubes become such a rare commodity. And personally, I do feel sad that this is where it’s heading.
But now, all I can always hope for for myself and the other tube amp-lovers, is for you to find peace and joy in music in spite of all these difficult times of adaptation!

3 Likes

I doubt that we will run out of tubes any time soon. There are currently millions of tubes already in the retail marketplace and in private ownership (resale on Craigslist etc.). I’ve heard that there may be an American company that will begin making tubes. JJ Electronic is a main manufacturer that make very good tubes. They are located in Slovakia which borders Ukraine on the west and, fingers crossed, I don’t think they’ll disappear. ShuGuang is a Chinese manufacturer that make hi end tubes as well. So, don’t panic my friend…tubes will be around for awhile yet. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Ahah, yeyy!! That’s a relief to hear! XD I just I do kind of hate it when social media brings out the worst of situations…!

3 Likes

for you to find peace and joy in music in spite of all these difficult times of adaptation!
Yes let’s find peace and joy in music no matter what :notes::notes::musical_note::musical_note::musical_score::musical_score::musical_keyboard::guitar::banjo::saxophone::violin::trumpet::microphone::long_drum::drum:

4 Likes

Thank you @Angelsloveyou :wink:

3 Likes