Thankful!

So as much as I love this community, I’m not very good at navigating the App. So I’m doing the best I can . And know that I’m engaging even if I don’t respond :two_hearts:

4 Likes

Lourdes, I know what you mean about navigating the Community Center…I’m still learning it, too…just take your time.

2 Likes

If you and @Norene want to share something you’d like to do, I could record a video perhaps showing how I do it. Do you use the app on a phone or on a computer?

So glad to have you here and thank you for your post!

3 Likes

I use my iPad Pro on the Community Center.

3 Likes

Do you use the Discourse app to access or a browser? And is there a specific aspect of the site you find confusing, or something you want to do that you can’t easily figure out?

1 Like

I use me iPad or my phone . I’m trying to stay connected as much as my ability allows . Always thankful for this me space​:two_hearts:

1 Like

I feel that there is just too much for my brain to take hold at a time . I navigate from one topic to another and then find that I can’t respond because it’s already in on other topic . But Rick this is just how my brain works . I’m not going to be discouraged, I promise :two_hearts:

2 Likes

Hmmm…since I don’t know what the Discourse app is, I use a browser to access the Center. I would like to figure out how to grab a statement from another user to use in a reply. I figured it out once but haven’t tried again since :smirk:

1 Like

You highlight a block of their message, either before you start a reply or after, and there should be a little pop-up that has a double quote " and clicking that should start a reply with that text from them. Let me know?

There is in the Apple app store an app called Discourse. It isn’t a lot better than the browser but it can show notifications if wanted.

1 Like