Silence

Here is a blog I wrote about Silence.

3 Likes

Internal silence is a rare experience for me…almost always there is chatter…monologue and imagined dialogue.
I think the ‘noise’ of social media and media in general is insidious and invasive. If there’s a single most critical source of ‘noise’ to eliminate or at least substantially limit our exposure to it is social media and media in general IMO. Otherwise we can become deaf or hard of hearing to our authentic inner voice and our own authentic emotions.

Of course I’ve been using ‘noise’ metaphorically. I am also very sensitive to actual noise in my environment. I find it can overwhelm me both physically and emotionally.

3 Likes

I never have a quiet mind either, but I can create more gentle thoughts and chatter.
I am also sensitive to actual noise too. That is another reason background noise behind (sometimes over top) of what I want to hear. How about when we are watching or listening to an interesting video when suddenly a blaring ad just shatters the joy/interest. Loud football games and car races overwhelm me physically and I have to go to another room and close the door.

2 Likes

Yes…thank you…a good reminder. I don’t know if it’s possible to not have chatter but it can be kind, gentle, calm and confident chatter…

2 Likes