Sharing my personal experience - Inner Child connection

I am reposting what I have put into the FB page for Rick, but I’m adding something at the end that everyone can utilize & hope it helps them.
Rick Wilkes, i have your email, just didn’t have the time to do it last night. i can attempt it tonight. well you know how it goes, as we get older and have to act like adults, doing grown up things, you start to miss some of those childhood memories that gave you comfort. so I say a host of things. I say goodnight to my angels and guides, mom & dad, the two children that were lost during pregnancy and all of my beloved pets that crossed the rainbow bridge every night. i tell them i miss them and wish they were with me again.

Someone had walked me thru a visual that I feel would do anyone good. I know Rick can relate to this because he has a newly born child. So just imagine the feeling of that little innocent baby in your arms, leaning it’s head up against your shoulder. Actually feel them, their warmth, they slight & delicate hair on their heads. Feel their weight on you. But now imagine that baby is YOU. You are the child you are holding, coddling and supporting, nurturing in your arms. That is your inner child. You can tell them anything you want to, kiss them, play with them. You can do this anytime you have a moment to close your eyes and go silent. This is the simplest way I know of to connect to them and reassure them of your love. Give them now what you couldn’t years ago.

7 Likes

We often use our imagination for things we don’t want. Or, at least I used to have that as a pattern… imagining all the things to WORRY about.

Your sweet imagination made embodied is such a rich invitation to connect to our inner child and co-regulate and enjoy being Together… in a palpable way.

This also really does support us when we’re doing Inner Tapping, too!

Thanks for sharing…

1 Like

Welcome Janet and thank you for sharing. Your post reminded me of how I used to connect with my inner child. I found a photo of me at about age 3, on a tricycle. I actually carried it with me and would take it out and talk to, reassure, and love on my precious 3 year old self several times a day.

1 Like

I have one of those pictures too, but I was a little bit older and remember having pigtails while on my tricycle and turned to my mom who took the pic from our kitchen windown in a brownstone apt building. It wasn’t until I get interested in reiki that I found about our inner child. before that I had no clue. It took me several years to start to delve into it. I found a meditation that was brief and did it 2x a day for a year till I incorporated my child within myself. she is one kick let me tell you. an amazing sense of humor. I had an air bed that the other side of the bed went flat. no matter what I did I could not find where the leak was. One day walking to work I keeled over laughing. It came to me to take the little air pillows from work that you get in shipping packages and stuff it in the mattress to fill it out. now that was a hoot.

2 Likes

:laughing: I love little Janet’s sense of humor and creativity!

Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness. _____Desmond Tutu

1 Like

Yes, she is a pip. Little Janet does know there’s a light at the end of the tunnel and needs to work thru it all. I just joined a course that will help me channel my Soul / higher self / as well as my guides & angels. so far it’s dynamic. I have high hopes and looking forward to serving humanity in a glorious way.

1 Like

Welcome Janet,

I bought myself a cabbage patch doll with blonde hair like mine when I started inner child work. I’d take her places with me and talk to her. It helped but I like what you did too.
Yes these inner children can be a hoot with some of their ideas and silliness. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

I love that. that is cool. I actually have a large yellow smiley face doll I used to do distant reiki sessions on for people. I might just start talking to my higher self or my guides. I always wanted to talk out loud so people can look at me funny. LOL

2 Likes

Seems to me, your guides/higherSelf will LOVE your sense of humor!

1 Like

I am most certainly working on connecting and working with them in a more personal and conscious way. I’m in this course to help me do that and bring my gifts I was born with, forward and to shine like the sun upon this whole planet.

2 Likes

A friend and I took our raggedy Ann and Andy dolls to the mall one day and let the dolls speak to people. Some liked it and chatted back, others looked very uncomfortable and shooed us away. It was fun.

2 Likes

To connect with my Inner Child I would carry an old snapshot of mySelf on a tricycle; I was probably around 3 years old. I would take it out of my pocket at least three times a day and talk to her, reassure her…

2 Likes

I absolutely love that. i have a pic of myself with a larger tricycle. it was given to me by an older neighbor which i think it was their kids. i love it.

1 Like

That is a great idea Norene. :hugs:

1 Like