My New Axe! But I don't feel proud of it! :(

@Angelsloveyou haha no problem. I mean yeah, heavy metal is so heavy so the vocals have lesser space to cut through the music. You can look up the lyrics on the web so that it’s clearer! And yeah, Doris is probably past my generation, but I’ve always heard them in films and movies! :wink: and there’s nothing wrong with listening to happy-go-lucky music either! I think it does attract good feelings when you need them haha, and moving into their energetically that the composers are trying to convey!

Here’s what you could try checking out? Ranging from the softer ones to the more extreme ones
(Lightest) Nothing else matters - Metallica
Buried Alive - avenged sevenfold
Into Eternity - Lost Society
City Lights - Motionless in White
Heart from your Hate - Trivium
Falling Apart - The Captives
When Everything Means Nothing - Fit for a king
(Extreme?) Popular Monster - Falling in Reverse

You don’t have to listen, if it doesn’t ring well energetically for you haha :wink: but thanks for letting me share my music with ya!

4 Likes

@Glenn yess!!! Blues is so awesome, and sadly sometimes in the modern times, theory becomes so sought after that the soul for notes is sometimes sucked dry! And yeah, it’s always great to learn new scales, new voicings or chords but it never beats being able to bathe in the feels of the blues. And as they say, blues is indeed the bedrock of so many music today! And it was the tunes accessible to those in the black community. I hope I never grow tired of the feels and simplicity of the blues that which sings to my heart! :relieved::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

I love Blues music too. I would like to hear you play someday@Glenn

4 Likes

I would like to hear you play someday too@Jun_Rong.

3 Likes

I copied these and am going to go exploring. Thanks.

2 Likes

Speaking of the Blues which is one of my favorite genres, I had the great good fortune to see David “Honeyboy” Edwards perform in a small venue in Cambria, CA a year or so before he passed at 96! What a show that was!! He played for over 2 hours and related a few stories including knowing Robert Johnson! It felt like hearing/seeing musical history LIVE!

2 Likes

@Norene that’s awesome isnt it? Blues is also not so well appreciated in today’s day and age too…! Checking out David edwards now! :wink: btw, hope that your cataract surgery went well!!

@Angelsloveyou let me know how it rings for you? Even if it doesn’t, it’s fine :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Jun_Rong, true! There’s nothing better than live music! My surgery went very well, thank you!

3 Likes

@Norene that’s great to hear! :slight_smile: good to see you well today too!

2 Likes

@Jun_Rong I saw this and thought of you…

3 Likes

That’s pretty funny.

3 Likes

Haha! That’s a good one! XD why are they doing the Michael Jackson lean?

1 Like