My Chair's rocking and my My Feet are a tapping - Good music, Fun

I couldn’t title this Humor because to me it is more emotional freedom. Dancing and music was one of my favorite things. Back in the 50s Bill Haley and the Comets really got me moving. There were a few people I could dance with but sometimes it was hard because I just wanted to break loose and let my body move the way it wanted to. But … I was taught not to make a spectacle of myself and guys who saw girls move like this thought they were looking for sex which was totally untrue. But it stopped me. I didn’t feel the pain of it as I watched this. Well, maybe a little, but more my heart smiled.

4 Likes

Absolutely LOVED it!!! Reminded me how much I used to love to dance, especially the jitterbug!

2 Likes

Woohoo! Dance with It!

I think I’ll bring this us as an example of Dancing with Uncertainty. Even watching and smiling and clapping changes my sense of what’s Possible when we’re with the music as it changes in our lives, moment to moment!

3 Likes

There are some REALLY great dance complilations like this on YT!!

As I’m watching the video I’m aware of feeling contrasting sensations…I feel very drawn to it and find it very compelling and have the desire to dance and move but then I’m aware of a reaction of wanting to withdraw and retreat from that desire…like it’s a bit overwhelming and too flamboyant for me…too public perhaps. I’m not fully clear on what that’s about…??? Well, it’s about ME of course…but what about me that brings those feelings to life? Hmmmmm…

3 Likes

I understand Glenn, I have some of those same feelings. Fun but cautious sort of maybe?

3 Likes