Life - a Short trip or a Long one?

This brought up tears when I saw it just now.Anyone else? Tap tap

5 Likes

I can feel itā€¦

1 Like

Oh yes, I feel it with eyes welling.

1 Like

My eyes well each time I look at it. There have been fun times for sure but on the whole it really hasnā€™t been much fun.
Boy that sounded like whining. I think it has to do with expectations plus PTSD. Iā€™d rather focus on the fun times but these sad feelings did come up when I saw the picture regardless of how Iā€™d like to feel.

2 Likes

I hear you, Jean :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: It makes my heART feel good to see you having FUN now with your expressive drawings and AI art and photographing the birdā€™s nest outside your window. Youā€™re definitely making up for lost fun!! :heart:

2 Likes

I totally understand your feelings on this Jean. I share a similar feeling about my life. And I donā€™t think you were whiningā€¦you were simply expressing your felt truth and thatā€™s always welcome and encouraged. If thatā€™s not expressed and acknowledgedā€¦if itā€™s repressed then thatā€™s far more deadly and harmful than any amount of whining is IMO.

2 Likes

Thank you Glenn, I appreciate that you understand. Sorry you have a similar feeling about your life. I agree about not expressing and acknowledging our feelings but a part of me still remembers how, when I did express them, I was told to give it to Jesus or pray to God and everything would be healed. So unhelpful. I remember hearing ā€œFor truly I tell you, if you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ā€˜Move from here to there,ā€™ and it will move.ā€ I wasnā€™t trying to move a mountain of course but I was trying to feel more peaceful and have the panic lessen. Instead I started questioning religion and the Bible. I had faith the size of a mustard seed. Those things are small. I believed!! It did lead me on an interesting journey which Iā€™m still on. Iā€™m glad Iā€™m allowing myself to say no more often, to be able to walk out of places and not stay feeling trapped (most of the time) and tap!!! Life is a journey for sure. Thank you for listening.

4 Likes