I Refuse To Be Fully Domesticated!

Man I can’t tell you how much I love this…it’s funny and silly but it’s certainly not meaningless…there is a vitality and a Simple Uplift to this that really resonates with me…and it’s definitely funny.

4 Likes

Oh I so want to do that…

3 Likes

That’s so brillant xD I actually never really saw these short videos as simply uplifts, but they do cheer me up x) My friends always send me tik tok videos for fun and maybe I could try reframing it as simple uplifts for the day!
Here’s one for you: Family Guy: Cookie Store - YouTube Family Guy is golden! xDDD

3 Likes

Your thought makes me consider that those of us who allow ourselves to connect with many Simple Uplifts during a day increase the odds of having a ‘good’ day. It’s perhaps a part of the overall recipe for Thriving and Emotional Freedom. Why wait for some allotted time of the day to do some sort of gratefulness meditation…let’s learn to be grateful in the moment. I do notice there are people who seem quick to smile or laugh or become positively engaged in some way with ‘little things’ that many of us would not allow ourselves to connect with as a method of regulating our emotions. Maybe training myself to happily acknowledge more of the numerous little things during the course of a day (as they occur) is a more reasonable, attainable and fruitful goal then the notion of ‘if I can just fix this one HUGE thing in my life then I’ll be able to live happily’……maybe it can be simpler than that???

3 Likes

I deeply agree @Glenn . I’ve been practicing more mindfulness and meditation lately and this stems strongly! Making the most out of the little things and training them up is key!!

3 Likes