Drop In. Tune To. Engage With

I get overwhelmed sometimes. You?

There are many people who are dear to my heart.
There are many projects that are dear to my heart.

I work from home.
I have a family.
I have a new baby.

Emails come in all the time.
Many include requests for help or support.

How do we get out of the mode of making sense of all that and actually… be in it?

For me I use these three invitations:

1) Drop In.

Pause everything else. Come into my body, breath, gravity, being alive and here.

2) Tune To.

Pick something, anything really, that matters right now. Like this sharing this with you all. Like tending to my need for food. Whatever it is… Tune To it. If it requires some energy, boost my vibration a bit. If it requires more depth, drop in a bit deeper to Tune To.

3) Engage With…

Take some microstep of Inspired Action. Such action arises when we Drop In and Tune To something that matters to us. Engagement is more whole bodied. As I write this, I am coming back to the body with each pause – as I tune to the words and to my community.

If you find the term Mindfulness or Be Mindful a bit too vague to get your body-mind-spirit aligned and engaged, perhaps these three invitations will help. I certainly would not have written this if I hadn’t followed them. :slightly_smiling_face:

@Rick

3 Likes

This is a reminder that Drop In. Tune To. Engage With… applies for inner world tending to our me-space and physioemotional needs… and the external world of We-Space and Projects.

I do so love it when I get synchronicity messages from Source after engaging with something that matters to me.

3 Likes

I feel I get overwhelmed too often. It seems to do with meals and maybe feeling more responsible than I “should”. I’m not sure where this is coming from. I have to say something like “I need to be alone for a while.”

1 Like

Such important words!

Sensitive people have often been assaulted by noise, interactions, and demands most of our lives. Solitude for many (most?) is a way that we recalibrate our nervous systems… and our extra sensory (sensitive to subtle energy) perceptors.

There’s also been, I observe, this whacked polarity in relating. There are those who assert absolutely that they are not-and-never-will-be responsible for how another person feels. They then often end up around sensitive people who end up “knowing” that they are responsible for everyone’s feelings!

Arrrgh!

I know someone who is on the autistic spectrum who lives in a home with other neurodiverse friends. They were describing how they share requests about how others might choose to make things a little easier on their nerves and sensors. It isn’t a demand that others change (it’s a safe environment, no abuse or even disrespect).

What they are exploring is when and how to ask for adaptations that would make a difference. Perhaps it is starting the laundry after noon, or at least not first thing in the morning. Or giving a text message when they are bringing a friend over.

It feels like in We-Space, figuring out how to ask, how to feel into whether and what is a YES for us, how to adapt without feeling “put upon” or “put out” … in a non-hierarchy it’s a different kind of dance, improv, and sooooo worth it I feel.

1 Like