Doomdreaming...When The Primitive Brain Daydreams

I’m not advising this activity but I think it’s an apt term.

5 Likes

Haha, gosh, I do it all the time :frowning:

3 Likes

Me too but I am getting better at changing it.

3 Likes

I’m working on this one because my mother was one of the biggest Doomdreamers and taught me how to do it. She learned it from her mother. I am still learning to let go of doing it and it isn’t easy. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

4 Likes

I’ve been doomdreaming all morning! Argh! Deep breaths.

2 Likes

It’s way too easy for me to engage in doomdreaming. I’m reminding myself that even though this tendency may have been born out of events and an emotional environment that was beyond my control at the time because of my age it is now within my control…it is simply a habit that I continue to consent to. I have agency over this behaviour. It seems that, for me, this attitude is a good place to begin disentangling myself from it.

2 Likes

I label the process you are describing as calming and confidencing… bringing ourselves into the NOW with grounded resourcefulness.

3 Likes

Yes!! Calming and confidencing…thank you Rick! I’ll add that to my list if I haven’t already… :slight_smile: I’m going to practice adding this to my ‘thriving vocabulary’.

And I would very much like to compile a list of these ‘word-phrase portals’…I think a list would be so useful for many of us. Such a powerful way to focus my thinking and energy and desires…thank you again for your brilliance in this regard… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Part of my vision for the Real Skills area is a section I’ve called in my notes Concepts. Calming and Confidencing and these other word portals fit what I’m thinking.

If this is a project you’d like to work on together, we could do some planning around it. Your other message with some of those that you’ve already captured fits. There’s a feature here on the site called Wiki – like Wikipedia we could set up the first message in a topic to be one that people with certain trust levels in the center could edit, with changes recorded.

On other sites what happens is that people reply, and the wiki-folks integrate the key points into the top message.

3 Likes

I’d love to work with you on the ‘Concepts’ section…it would be an honour and a delight to do so. I really believe it would be a great resource for people. Thank you Rick! :grinning:

3 Likes