Know What Matters to You

Thanks Rick, what a workshop!

What you explained is so much appreciated.

Knowing that everyone of us finds it difficult to reach to one particular feeling to tend to, is so so relieving. A huge burden got lifted.

when you asked to feel within, surprisingly-i sensed my heart opening. This is very very rare for me.

when you said - its not about fixing. its about -its ripe n ready to be expressed…this has gone deep within me.

I have spent most of the time n energy trying to ‘fix’ - which is probably not wrong but such strong momentum has had got created along with longing to have things fixed, longing for a place of desire to go, longing for peace…how layer by layer it happens in a given direction and thus since long i haven’t been able to feel/make sense of those emotions which are for replenishing…no wonder m out of ‘capacity’ -drained in almost all aspects-physically, mentally, spiritually but emotionally high- laden with heaviness, kind of, enjoying it even though fed up of it. Partially getting clarity yet mostly confused. With your explained example of ‘generosity’ made me realize how i have turned my back towards expressing these values.

Listening about playfulness brought awareness about on going change which m trying to bring within: m trying to laugh at little things, take things lightly, turn an answer humorous.

Fact that it is a …WORK! got reinforced.

3 Likes

Thank you so much for the generosity in your reflections. It’s harder indeed to do a workshop with just chat to go on. Feeling the experience through your eyes and heart helps me understand how it was received by you… and helps me to be eager again.

Yes, my eagerness seems to benefit greatly from some hearty reflections. Bless you and so good to have you with us on this exploration. ~Rick

2 Likes

You are a great encourager​:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Hey Tanvi,
Thank you for sharing what you did. I felt the same too. Grateful for the space to have everything come up and the range of possibilities out there whilst also being supported to settle on one and let it grow and develop. I too was lit up by some of the expressions, like playfulness!
Rick, I felt really heard and seen and connected when you went through the chat and spoke to each person’s expressions and questions and space, I really appreciate the way we are all connected in this way to work together and support each other.

3 Likes

Absolutely. Thank you for engaging there!

1 Like

This is one perspective on emotional freedom skills. Emotions can arrive… when we invite them and Boost Our Energy in that direction. They can also shift (leave) by practicing returning to calm-confidence or some other neutral state that we practice.

2 Likes

I had AI summarize this workshop for us. Beautifully imperfect and useful…

1. Embrace emotional freedom and understand what matters to you to achieve it.
  2. Identify your core emotional states, explore your emotions, and allow yourself to feel the full range of emotions.
  3. Focus on what matters to you and practice positive emotions like gratitude and playfulness.
  4. Tune into your personal preferences and desires to create a thriving emotional ecosystem.
  5. Be grounded, resourceful, unflappable, and explore the world with eagerness and openness.
  6. Use tapping exercises to become more familiar with your emotions.
  7. Give yourself permission to feel the full range of emotions, even those that were suppressed in the past.
  8. Be present and attuned to the people, spaces, and situations you enter for emotional freedom.
  9. Practice mindfulness and focus to refine your emotions and find your true state of being.
  10. Wise fear is the fear that arises in actual danger, and it differs from worrying or overthinking.
  11. Be aware of and acknowledge the fear you experience to promote emotional growth.
2 Likes

Omg!!! This is brilliant! So funny to think that AI summarized this. Maybe AI has feelings, too.

AI to me is where technology has gone out and collected and sampled the art and heartistry of many millions of us and is offering a portal into the ways we express ourselves.

We are just at the forefront of these sets of tools. Like the first iPhone. Useful, with so much potential to come.

Someone I know through NOSTR (an open source protocol where one can build twitter-like and other decentralized tools) created a tool for taking a sketch and turning it into an AI drawing. Instead of it taking him 40 hours as a skilled programmer, this same AI did 7/8ths of the coding! It took him only 5 hours.

The other day I was stuck on the newsletter and asked AI to write a friendly invitation to a workshop on clearing emotional blocks. While I didn’t use what it wrote, it helped tune me and break through a block! Isn’t that interesting…

Here’s the prompt I gave it:

Write a friendly invitation for people with emotional blocks to attend a workshop called Clear Your Blocks

Here’s what it wrote:

Are you feeling stuck or held back by emotional blocks in your life? If so, I would like to invite you to an exciting workshop called Clear Your Blocks.

This workshop is designed to help you identify and release emotional blocks that are preventing you from living your life to the fullest. You will learn powerful techniques to help you break free from negative patterns and beliefs that are keeping you stuck, and to cultivate a more positive and fulfilling outlook on life.

Our experienced facilitators will guide you through a series of exercises and activities designed to help you connect with your emotions and release any pent-up energy that may be holding you back. You will leave the workshop feeling lighter, clearer, and more empowered to create the life you want.

So if you’re ready to take the next step in your personal growth journey and free yourself from emotional blocks, I invite you to join us at Clear Your Blocks. We can’t wait to see you there!

Interesting, isn’t it? When you see that a friendly invitation has certain aspects to it. Reading this helped me feel engaged and eager for the workshop myself!

Eager is something I want – it’s what I know matters to me. Having a tool that I can play with like this frees up energy. It feels like co-creation with many who came before me to explore the art of friendly invitations.

Rick

2 Likes

That’s lovely. Thanks for sharing Rick.

You inspired me to give open ai a go and I got some great ideas about starting a youtube channel given all my interests and at my beginner level. Actually now Im going to ask about that given I don’t want to face camera for just now. I’m just playing but we’ll see.

I’d really like to contribute somehow, to ‘the conversation’ in my own way. I keep stalling and not doing etc. maybe it just hasn’t been the right time or I haven’t landed on the right ideas that will help me find the trickle, as Cathy put it in our recent skills workshop.

Oo I might put that last para in and see what comes back!! How excitement

1 Like

It was good and advice that we know but its good to hear it when you need a reminder. Something slightly different came out of it which was to create something everyday even if really small. I’d been thinking about creating something once a week which sounded like a big ish challenge. Something about this way makes it seem easier. I did more rainbows on the back of it, bad ones but that’s ok :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I’m getting a bit addicted. Its so nice they made this free for people. I think that’s temporary though, so they get feedback.

Last night I asked about having baked beans for dinner :laughing: I was advised it’s a fine dinner and all the good qualities listed, encouraged then to also add something like a salad. So I did!

Today I’ll need to schedule cooking time!

& I’ve asked about how to get over the idea that I don’t have anything to say (re starting a public channel) It’s such friendly info. Nice programming.

1 Like

There’s a Pro version. And Microsoft Bing is incorporating it, too. I believe this style will be available in some ways without charge for long to come.

This is perhaps the most instantly “useful” technology I’ve come across. SO much better than search engines in many ways, although my hope is that it will be easier to go deeper through resources/links as time goes forward with it.

Rick

1 Like

Just started the “Know What Matters to You” (Be What Matters) course. Thank you for making this freely available. Decided to focus on feeling “uplifted”. And also exploring “succulent support” (feeling succulently supported). Not sure where all this will lead, but curious to play with these ideas.

Is anyone else playing along / exploring this now too?

1 Like

I’m definitely exploring “savvy” as a state of being… feels like when I am calm, confident, accepting and aware of options and dynamics at work… And still lots to practice!

Uplifted is a sweet state of being. I look forward to hearing more as you go forward.

2 Likes

Thanks for your response, Rick. Yes, “savvy” sounds like a good one to explore.

2 Likes

Hi Jewel! :slightly_smiling_face::sparkles: I look forward to hearing about your being succulently supported and uplifted!

Confidence in Being (aware of here and now) matters to me right now, I’d like to make that a focus.

(I just got off a call where Rick suggested Being as a focus instead of ‘giving’ which I was wondering about, and makes sense for where I’m at.)

I went through most of these calls as they came out and am definitely happy to revisit any concepts you’d like to talk about.

Lovely to see you here Jewel :two_hearts::gem::two_hearts:

1 Like

Thanks Kate. Aware of the here and now sounds like a really good focus for sure.

Warm Best Wishes on your “Being” practice~! :blush:

Hi - I want to start this program again - even though it’s 7 months later now, and I kind of fell off the wagon last time. Hopefully I can make it all the way through this time and stick with my focus.

As I’m re-listening to class #1 I still find myself contemplating the feeling of being “uplifted” and also I might add - “carried along by grace”. Will explore it more to see what feels true to my core at this time.

P.S. Is anyone else going through this right now and wants to play along? Are you still a member here Kate? How did your explorations with “Confidence in Being” go?

(Art by Inge Look)

Mmmm, I am always “doing the course” so to speak. Being carried along and uplifted by grace is essential in my day.

Of course, I used to look for Big Obvious Uplifts. You know, the kind of thing where the strength of grace was undeniable! See! Proof!

Haha. I remember times when that was true. This morning, the uplift was the invitation to lean against a tree in the sunshine through the mountains. Uplift. And the energy to carry me another bit down the trail (literally, and “of life.”)

Adore the art… thank you!
Rick

1 Like