Byron Katie - Questioning what I am thinking and believing

I want to share resources on questioning your thought patterns.

Byron Katie is an amazing inspiration for me with a very interesting life story. You can learn more about it on her website. thework.com

The Four Questions to ask yourself.

Q1. Is it true?
Q2. Can you absolutely know that it’s true?
Q3. How do you react, what happens, when you believe that thought?
Q4. Who would you be without that thought?

another one the judge your neighbor’s worksheet when you are dealing with another person.

There are also videos that may help to fill it out.

1 Like

Byron Katie’s Loving What Is definitely helped me at an intersection when I was needing to change a “belief” I had – that there was a truth and if I felt the truth in it and I could back it up logically, then it must be true!

Eeeek! So many blocks were there for me. And as my inner guidance deepened I started to notice that “my truth” was often uniquely personal… that it tuned me in a certain way that could be helpful or unhelpful.

Her questions started an inner inquiry. It helped me to see a path of awareness – especially #4 – Who would you be without that thought?

I’m grateful for what her work brought into my life at that time.

And… I’d like to add that while these questions can, with care and deep reverence, lead to inner inquiry that brings deep chosen change…

Asking those questions unless someone consents and is really on board has backfired any time I’ve seen them used. * These are intimate questions that a person (I believe) needs to be in a safe enough space to really consider and allow for the shifts.

(* Which is also true when excited tappers try to tap ON someone who is in distress without consent!)

Appreciate you sharing this resource with the community, Sasha! Welcome!

1 Like